Ever since the technical advances in sound & moving images of the 1930’s Hollywood has been one of the most visible and controversial businesses in America, The “Statesman” is a frame celebrating Hollywood’s Golden Age of creativity, contention, and timeless iconic style.
This extension of the “Statesman” series continues DITA’s passion for iconic cinema. with a tribute to character archetypes which built the foundation of enduring American style. As the 5th iteration in the series, the Statesman-Five draws inspiration from the advances in technical cinematography evidenced by the many iconic films from the 1940’s. Many of which pose questions of media, fame, and persuasion.
This generation of the Statesman pushes boundaries of construction and manufacturing by re-assessing the function of monofilament threaded frames. Traditionally monofilament is used for a single function: to hold lenses. The Statesman-Five adds additional acetate lens rim inserted from the bottom and held in place using monofilament to hold the molded plastic brow, metal rim, and lens, a total of three components; a innovative construction method unusual for an optical frame. This serves multiple functions, By having the monofilament string threaded through all the components it gives the frame extra strength and rigidity while also supporting the acetate lens rim.
- Custom japanese acetate brow with titanium inner lens structure and bridge piece.
- Custom japanese acetate lens rim with monofilament detail.
- Custom titanium nose pads.
- Titanium temple with pressed line detail and japanese acetate temple tips.
- Dita's unique hex screw hinges.
- CR39 100% UVA and UVB protection lenses with anti-reflective coating.